Sex And The City 2 – OST – Track list :
1. “Rapture” – Alicia Keys
2. “Everything to Lose” – Dido
3. “Language of Love” – Cee-lo
4. “Window Seat” – Erykah Badu
5. “Kidda” – Natacha Atlas
6. “Euphrates Dream” – Michael McGregor
7. “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” – Liza Minnelli
8. “Can’t Touch It” – Ricki-Lee
9. “Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down” – Alicia Keys
10. “Love Is Your Color” – Jennifer Hudson, Leona Lewis
11. “I Am Woman” – Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon
12. “If Ever I Would Leave You” – Sex and the City Men’s Choir
13. “Sunrise, Sunset” – Sex and the City Men’s Choir
14. “Till There Was You” – Sex and the City Men’s Choir
15. “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered” – Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall
16. “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye” – Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch
17. “True Colors” – Cyndi Lauper
18. “Divas and Dunes” – Aaron Zigman
When i saw familiar names with like Alicia Keys, Leona Lewis, Jennifer Hudson and Dido on the tracklist with a total of 18 tracks on this OST, i thought that this CD must be a damn good bargain!!
Seriously, going through the album had me opening my eyes wide thanks to the added spices from the Middle East in this album!! The first 3 tracks made me feel like i was in the center of a city on a weekend where everyone is so happening and all, then slowly, i was like brought out of the city to somewhere faraway with some middle east tunes in the background. It felt kinda funny…
It was till the 7th track that made me wake up from my close to snooze state where i went straight to the 8th track – Can’t Touch It by Ricki Lee which gets me moving a little bit here and there.
The 9th and 10th track, Empire State of Mind by Alicia Keys and Love is Your Color by Jennifer Hudson & Leona Lewis was looping on my music player after that where i enjoyed listening to them most amongst the whole list.
It was near 1AM when i proceeded to the remaining tracks where coincidentally, the tracks had this magical effect on me casting the sleepy. The second half of the album was quite relaxing, some of which includes choirs with some soft soothing musical instrumentals behind the vocals.
At the end of the day, i think i kinda like this album. Though it’s not the same tunes i use to listen everyday, somehow i seem to be able to accept it. Haha. SERIOUS!!
Well, now i need to watch the movie then. I guess it won’t be bad right?
*Thanks to Sony Music Malaysia for the CD =)